2560 Hauser-Ross Drive
Sycamore, IL 60178
54 W. Countryside
Yorkville, IL 60560
- Avoid shoes that have seams over areas of pain, such as a bunion.
- Avoid shoes with heavy rubber soles that curl over the top of the toe area (such as seen on some running shoes), because they can catch on carpets and cause an accidental fall.
- Flat shoes (with a heel height of one inch or less) are the healthiest shoes for your feet. If you must wear a high heel, keep to a heel height of two inches or less, limit their wear to three hours at a time, and take them off coming to and from an activity.
- Laced, rather than slip-on shoes, provide a more secure fit and can better accommodate insoles, orthotic devices, and braces.
- Look for soles that are shock absorbing and skid resistant, such as rubber, rather than smooth leather.
- Shoes should be made of a soft material that has some give.